Just in: Man electrocuted few weeks to wedding

A middle-aged man identified  as Chukwudi has reportedly died after he was electrocuted.

The incident was said to have occurred at Opobo road of the Ogbor Hills axis of the commercial nerve of Abia state.

 It was gathered that the deceased whose traditional marriage was some weeks ahead after discovering that there was light in his neighbourhood while there was no electricity supply in his apartment started looking for a ladder to apparently switch to the next active line.

Reports have it that while he was on the electric pole trying to rectify the problem, electricity was restored back on the former line.

“While on top of the pole, he was said to have rested his ladder on an electric-powered barbwire which triggered electric shock when the public power was restored.

“He was trapped between the pole and the electrified barbwire, making it difficult for him to escape or even for people to come to his immediate rescue and by the time he was eventually brought down, he was dead,” a source narrated.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the State Police command, Geoffrey Ogbonna said he had not been briefed about the incident.
Source: The Nation Newspaper