His Excellency,President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR)President,Federal Republic of Nigeria.22nd of January, 2021.
Dear Mr. President,
AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA
#SECUREONDO: ONDO MUST BE FREE OF HERDSMEN ATTACK
1. Our attention has been drawn to the unethical statement released by your aide in response to Governor Akeredolu’s order demanding herdsmen to vacate government reserve forests. The statement claimed that the order, intended to protect people of Ondo state is unconstitutional.
2. Southwest and Ondo state in particular have been peace-loving from time immemorial. This peace was quickly overturned by actions of herdsmen who have turned the state into hell on earth.
3. Evidently, the Ondo state government and some advocators have pleaded for peace. However, the heinous acts of destroying farmlands, kidnapping, killing and raping people perpetrated by these herdsmen have made our people live in fear on their land. Your Government, sadly, has failed to display sound leadership in bringing these acts to an end. Rather, your body language is one that reads that cattle are more valuable than Nigerians.
4. Worse, is that legal charges imposed on these evildoers among the Fulani herdsmen are nothing but a mirage. Consequently, victims of these acts have been left with no justice in whatever measure.
5. Instances like the killing of Pa Fasonranti’s daughter and FUTA Deputy Registrar which have both being traced to Fulani herdsmen have evoked public anger and conversations, but in what seems to be a show of insouciance, the Presidency has done nothing.
6. It is important to state emphatically that no Nigerian is more Nigerian than any other Nigerian, and as Chief Security Officer of the country, the onus lies on you to be for everybody, with no bias.
7. It is on this note that we state clearly that any further attempt from the Presidency to frustrate the efforts and position of the Ondo state government, which is in the best interest of Ondo people, will be fiercely resisted, by all means possible.
Yours in struggle,
Comrade Ayoade D. Kikiowo Global President, NAOSS. 08101329166.
Comrade Awolumate OluwafemiGeneral Secretary, NAOSS.08129536548