Ondo SWAN to organise debate for aspiring FA chairmen
Ahead of march 10,2021 Ondo state Football Association election, the state chapter of the sports writers association of Nigeria has inaugurated a committee to organise debate for aspiring candidates for position of Chairman of the State Football Association.
Chairman of SWAN,ondo state chapter,Wahab Bankole while inaugurating the committee on Friday tasked them to ensure a maximum success of the maiden Debate tagged “ONDO FOOTBALL MATTERS ” .
He urged members of the committee to liase with relevant stakeholders to organise a befitting event which holds on March 8, 2021 ahead of the March 10, 2021 FA election.
Members of the committee includes :Segun Giwa as chairman,while Abiodun Adewale will serve as Secretary.
Other members include,Leo Abanikanda Olagbaye, Adewale momohSunkanmi Elujoba,Olayemi Oke,Adesuyan Joseph and Timilehin Falade.
Members of the Association and Congress also commended the executives for achieving the dream of securing an official bus for the association.
Full text of communiqué below COMMUNIQUE AT THE END OF MEETING OF SPORTS WRITERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA, ONDO STATE CHAPTER, HELD ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2021.
1) That the Association Congratulates Our Grand Patron, Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu on his inauguration for second term to pilot the affairs of the Sunshine State while it also rejoices with Hon. Lucky Aiyedatiwa on his inauguration as Deputy Governor.
2) That the leadership of the Association meets with the leadership of Ondo State Football Agency, the parent body of Sunshine Stars and that of Ondo State Football Association on how to ensure that journalists have easy and unhindered access to the sports complex in Akure on NPFL match days especially during this COVID -19 pandemic.
3) That the committee inaugurated to ensure maximum success of the maiden debate tagged “ONDO FOOTBALL MATTERS ” for aspiring candidates for position of Chairman of the State Football Association, an event being organised by ONDO SWAN, liase with relevant stakeholders to organise a befitting event which holds on March 8, 2021 ahead of the March 10, 2021 FA election.
4) That Members of the Association and Congress, commend the executives for achieving the dream of securing an official bus for the association.
5) That members were encouraged to register early with the national body in 2021 so as to have sense of belonging and increased membership status at the national level.
COMMUNIQUE DRAFTING COMMITTEE Segun Giwa (Secretary) Isaac Afolabi- Assistant Secretary Adewale Momoh- Member