House of Assembly Aspirant, Tunji Rhema Moyero Rejects Primary Election Result, Calls For Cancellation
An aspirant on the platform of the All Congress into the Ondo State House of Assembly, Tunji Rhema Moyero has called for the cancellation of the primary election result in his constituency.
Moyero who is seeking to represent the people of Odigbo Constituency 1, asked the leadership of the party to annul the result with immediate effect.
He said the exercise was fraught with irregularities and that votes were allotted to aspirants.
According to him, some party members compromised and manipulated the outcome of the exercise.
He said the news making the rounds that he lost the primary election was untrue.
Rhema added that what happened at the venue of the purported primary election in the late hour of the night was a charade and illegal
He claimed that the election which was to commence by 10am was deliberately delayed till 9pm, saying it was an odd time to conduct such exercise.
The APC Aspirant threatened to take the necessary steps and challenge the process in Court.
PRESS RELEASE BY HON. (DR) TUNJI RHEMA MOYERO ON THE PURPORTED PRIMARY ELECTION SLATED THURSDAY 26 MAY, 2022*
1. I am calling the attention of the Party Leadership in the State and National to the purported Odigbo Constituency 1 State House of Assembly Primary slated Thursday 26 May, 2022. To the best of my knowledge, the said election did not hold. There are guidelines to follow in the Party’s Constitution and the Electoral Act. What happened at the venue of the purported primary election in the late hour of the night was a charade and manipulation.
2. For instance, the election which was to commence by 10am was deliberately delayed till 9pm, an odd time to conduct such a charade. We all wonder where they got the 21 acclaimed delegates the tagless officials counted.
3. It must be noted that at about 6pm on Thursday 26th day of May, 2022, the present Odigbo Local Government Chairman, Mrs Margaret Akinsuroju – who we all know to be the unofficial Campaign DG of Fabiyi Olatunji Samuel, attempted to conduct the primary election but was resisted on the ground that she was an interested party and had no such power. An election without party officials on ground, no observers, not even one INEC official at the election venue.
4. At about 9pm, I was called that the Local Government Council Chairman came into the venue again with some men to conduct election in the dark hour of the night when the delegates had left. After series of engagement on why the election should not be held at that odd time, they insisted that the order was from above.
5. I humbly request that they show us who attested to the results of the electoral process. Let them show us the faces of the acclaimed delegates in the dark and their accreditation. The whole world can as well watch the videos of the purported primary election released.
6. This is a big slap on our internal democracy, the good people of Odigbo Constituency 1 will not accept it and shouldn’t be acceptable in a sane party like ours. The State Chairman of our great Party, Engr. Ade Adetimehin should quickly be called to order before the boat sinks.
7. In the interest of my dear Constituents, and since I have promised to serve them, I will not allow this illegality to stay.
8. Therefore, as a law abiding citizen in a nation governed by law, I will take the necesary steps and challenge the process in Court.
9. Special appreciation to my supporters. Let us keep hope alive.
Hon. (Dr) Tunji Rhema Moyero
Aspirant, Odigbo Constituency 1, Ondo State House of Assembly.